Forum dédié aux combats de la Poche de Trun - Chambois

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Mats Runnerstrom

MessageSujet: New member   Mer 2 Jan - 19:56

Hello everyone!
I'm sorry that I do not speak your language. I understand part of what you write in this very nice forum, but to speak is much more difficult. It is now 38 years since I went to Alliance Francaise in Paris in order to learn french, but since then I have hardly been speeking any french at all. UNTIL 6 years ago when i became interested in WW2 and made my first visit to Normandy.

I visit France every year, at first it was mainly "the D-Day districts" that I visited, but the last few years my favourite has been the Falaise Gap (or as it should be named the Trun-Chambois Gap!) It is hard to believe that such wonderful places that you find in "the Gap" have been the places for such horror.

The last few years I have used my car very much when looking around, but from this year I will park my car and use my legs instead. That way I think that I will see much more interesting things (and it will be good for my stomach!).

I was very happy when I found this forum, and I am very proud to have introduced it to the members of "World War 2 Forum". I have already seen some of it's members appear here, and I think that you will see many more in the future because it is a fantastic forum!

If you would like to get in touch with me you are welcome to send me a mail. You will see my mail-adress further down. If you have a possibility to write in english or german, please do so. But if you write in french, I will try to translate it.
Hey - forgot that of course you may write in swedish! :-)

Thank you for letting me join your forum!
Best regards
Mats Runnerström
Trelleborg
Sweden
mats_r@telia.com
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ze-Pole

MessageSujet: Re: New member   Mer 2 Jan - 20:02

Hello to the first swedish member ! affraid
You said that the Falaise Gap should be named the Trun-Chambois Gap... Everybody agree with you here !
Welcome to you ! cheers
You will see that some of the posts are translated in english (or partially).
Ze-Pole
http://maczek.blog4ever.com/blog/index-100395.html
Ze-Pole

MessageSujet: Re: New member   Mer 2 Jan - 20:47

Les gars,
Mats Runnerstrom est à ma connaissance le premier membre de ce forum de nationalité suédoise.
Il se dit passionné par la Bataille de Normandie, spécialement la Poche de Falaise qui devrait, selon lui, plutôt s'appeler la Poche de Trun-Chambois et je lui ai dit qu'il avait bien raison !
Ze-Pole
http://maczek.blog4ever.com/blog/index-100395.html
Tristan
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessageSujet: Re: New member   Mer 2 Jan - 21:31

Welcome on the forum Mats. Wink
Tristan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oximois
heia safari
Modérateur
Modérateur

MessageSujet: Re: New member   Mer 2 Jan - 21:41

Hello Mats

Welcome in the pocket of Chambois. It is always a pleasure to have new member from other countries.
When have you visited the pocket for the first time?

Bests regards

Heia safari alien
Mats Runnerstrom

MessageSujet: merci!   Dim 20 Jan - 13:14

Thanks for your warm welcome!

I have been away for 2 weeks because of a small accident (think you all know that it can be very slippery in Sweden!)

Heia Safari - I think that my first trip to "ww2 - France" was in 2001. I cannot remember if I visited "the Gap" already then, but my next 5 trips to Normandy have all included this area. I think that when I first visited the wonderful museum at MontOrmel, all the walls inside the museum were full of pictures. I think that the museum wanted help to identify those pictures. Am I right when I think that that may have been in 2002?

My visit this year will most probably take place in the 2nd half of May. I follow this forum with a lot of interest because it helps me when I am planning my trip.

Best regards from Sweden!

Mats
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: New member   Aujourd'hui à 15:39

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1